Pages



I'm Kim, a working mother of two, and wife to my best friend.

My kids make me laugh, my kids make me cry, and they even make me want to hide.

Come along and enjoy our journey. I guarantee you'll have a blast.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Church Behavior

What's your secret to keeping your kids in line during church?
I'm half tempted to believe it's nothing magical...it's simply with age comes an appreciation for mass.
I've sat in the crying room for many years, but with kids age 8 and 5, that's a bit embarrasing. This year we have been sitting with all the other visitors, but I cannot get my kids to sit still and listen.
For Easter mass, I packed a bag of crayons and a pad of paper to keep Morgan occupied. Logan was on his own...at the age of 8 you better listen, stay quiet...or else.
Apparently Morgan had enough of coloring and sitting still that she finally says...
Mom, when you go up to get your chip can we FINALLY go home?
With my best straight face, I promise her it's nearly over. Just be patient and sing.
She quietly sings under her breath in her best church voice...
I want to go home, I want to go home, I want to go home
I'm crossing my fingers that with age will come an appreciation and patience for church.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...