Pages



I'm Kim, a working mother of two, and wife to my best friend.

My kids make me laugh, my kids make me cry, and they even make me want to hide.

Come along and enjoy our journey. I guarantee you'll have a blast.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Road Trip Surprise


In just over two weeks we will be heading to the beach for a much needed family vacation.

This year we will be driving and my kids are having a major issue with the thought of driving 11 + hours. You see they are spoiled. Yep, I said it. I've created two little monsters. They go on a vacation every year and get to fly on a plane. Put these kids in the car for more than 2 hours and you would think they are being tortured.

But, I have a plan. Lots of new activities and games to give them over the course of the trip. They have no idea I've been collecting these things, so it should be a nice surprise for them. At least I hope and I pray. Or this 11 hour trip could be a real pain in the you know what.

While we were driving lastnight Logan brings up vacation.

"When are we leaving for the beach?"

"2 weeks.", I say.

"What time are we leaving?"

"4am."

"Will there be anyone on the road or is it going to be just us and be totally BORING?!"

"There will be big trucks. Isn't that fun?!"

"Yeah Mom, real fun."

"I have surprises for you both to make the trip fun."

"Really, surprises Mom? Well I hope your surprises are wings and a jet to fly this car there."
Well buddy unless I strap you to the top of the car and you start a flappin, we are going to stick to my surprises.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...