Pages



I'm Kim, a working mother of two, and wife to my best friend.

My kids make me laugh, my kids make me cry, and they even make me want to hide.

Come along and enjoy our journey. I guarantee you'll have a blast.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

McDonald's Toy Trading


Do your kids love McDonald's Happy Meal toys?  Mine do.  They can't get enough of them and I can't figure a quick enough way to sneak them to the trash when the kids aren't looking.

Logan actually is beginning to have a strong aversion to McDonald's food.  I'm right here with you buddy.  But those toys keep him coming back. 

This week the toy of choice is a Pokemon card.  Go figure.  Thank you McDonald's.  Thank you for torturing me with my son's favorite thing to do.  Pokemon card trading.

Last night we were heading to the pool and thought a quick trip through the drive-thru would be the perfect thing for our pool side eating.  Logan is beside himself with anticipation. 

"I hope I'm getting xyz card (pardon me for not knowing the names of these Pokemon creatures).  I can't wait to see what they are giving out today." he says.

Morgan as usual sits quietly in the back.  She's just thrilled to be given a meal.  The toy is just icing. 

In McDonald's usual fashion they mess up the order.  Is it so difficult to give me 1 boy toy and 1 girl toy?  Apparently so, because yet again we drove off and had two boy toys. 

Logan is hysterical because he got the same card they gave out last week.  Morgan is in tears because she didn't get her barbie.  It's utter chaos in the car.  Until....

Logan realizes that Morgan got the coveted card.  The one he wants sooooo badly.  He has decided to rejoice.

"Morgan, can I have your card and I'll give you mine?"

"Nope.  I like this one.  I'm going to keep it." she says.

"Please Morgan?  You don't even like Pokemon cards." he begs.

"I do now." she states matter of fact.

"Morgan, I'll trade you 10 cards for that one card."

"No, thank you.  I don't want to trade."

In the absolute worst begging voice he says, "Morgan, I'll give you 1 dollar for that card.  I know how much you like to save your money."

"No.  I don't want a dollar.  I want 200 million dollars."

In tears he manages "Morgan, I don't have 200 million dollars.  You are so mean."

This went like this off and on all night.  I woke up to this and I will probably go to sleep to this. 
If only McDonald's could have got my order right.  1 boy toy and 1 girl toy.  That's all I ask.  Is that too much?

Photo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...