Pages



I'm Kim, a working mother of two, and wife to my best friend.

My kids make me laugh, my kids make me cry, and they even make me want to hide.

Come along and enjoy our journey. I guarantee you'll have a blast.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

When I was a Kid....


When I was a kid....

How many times have you caught yourself saying that exact phrase to your kids?  When I was a kid, I had to walk 10 miles up hill in the snow to school everyday.  When I was a kid, I only ate out once a year on my birthday.  When I was a kid I had to deliver papers in a blizzard.

This happens often in my house.  These are my husbands famous words. 

Lasnight we took the kids out for ice cream.  They do this so often that in my mind it's not really even a treat anymore.  They expect it. 

I said to Chris, "Babe were you so mistreated as a kid that you never got any ice cream?" 

In his most pathetic voice..."When I was a kid, my Mom mashed up ice and called it ice cream."

Even the kids thought this was hysterical.  You poor tortured man, you were so mistreated.  Yeah right!

In a way I agree with him...we wouldn't dare make our kids trudge to school in a blizzard, and going out to eat only for your birthday?  Forget about it!

What do you find yourself doing for your kids that your parents never did for you?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...