Pages



I'm Kim, a working mother of two, and wife to my best friend.

My kids make me laugh, my kids make me cry, and they even make me want to hide.

Come along and enjoy our journey. I guarantee you'll have a blast.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Good Ol Fashioned Hamburgers

Who makes your favorite hamburger?  Mine happens to be from a local spot here in Cincinnati - forget about those fast food burgers and give me a Terry's burger any day.  My kids on the other hand have been faithful McDonald's followers since they first knew what a hamburger was.  That was until recently...

Logan decided he wanted a Wendy's burger.  And to be honest, I think they make a pretty mean sandwich.  So last Friday I ordered him a single - plain, no ketchup, fries and a frosty. 

Logan plowed through the frosty, even managing to dip his fries in the ice cream but the hamburger remained relatively untouched.

I asked him what was wrong with his food.

"Mom, this hamburger is not good at all."  There is definitely something wrong with it."  I actually was a little worried maybe the meat was bad so I took a taste test.  Hamburger was fine, perhaps a bit dry but when you ask for a plain burger on a bun what do you expect.  I told Logan as much.

He says, "That's not it Mom.  I read the sign and it said Old Fashioned Hamburgers.  They really need to start getting some new burgers."

Wow and who thinks kids don't pay attention to advertising?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...