Pages



I'm Kim, a working mother of two, and wife to my best friend.

My kids make me laugh, my kids make me cry, and they even make me want to hide.

Come along and enjoy our journey. I guarantee you'll have a blast.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Children's Embarrassment

What was the magic age when your child was embarrassed about the things like where they get dressed, if they have food on their face or even where they go to the bathroom?

I just realized this morning, Logan's magic age is 8.  The other morning I got his clothes out for him and was sitting on the bed talking to him.  I fully expected him to get dressed but he just sat there. 
Finally he says, "Mom I need you to leave so I can get dressed."  "I need my privacy please"

Then this morning we were a little early for summer camp, so we picked him up a doughnut to eat.  He was so worried about where he was going to eat it that we finally agreed to let him eat it in the car.  Then he kept asking, "Mom do I have chocolate on my face?"  "Mom, did I get all the chocolate off my face...I don't want to go in there with a dirty face."

I'm excited to see him becoming more and more independent but it does make me a little sad :(

Then I look at this little lady with a mess on her face, and everything is right in the world.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...