Pages



I'm Kim, a working mother of two, and wife to my best friend.

My kids make me laugh, my kids make me cry, and they even make me want to hide.

Come along and enjoy our journey. I guarantee you'll have a blast.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Teaching Children About Money

Logan is obsessed! With money that is.
I was at my wits end...Mom, I need you to buy me this, Mom, can we go to the store to get this, Mom, how much does this cost, Mom, can I do extra chores so I can buy this? IT NEVER ENDS!
So in an effort to educate my boy on money, I had a long conversation with him and also showed him that there are more important things he should be focusing on...like climbing trees, playing with his friends etc
This conversation took a good 15 minutes...his Dad and I had his undivided attention.
All was quiet, the child was actually listening to me! It's going to sink in, I could feel it.
At the conclusion of the lecture, I said "Logan do you understand what we are telling you?"
Yes.
Quiet pause
Quiet pause
Quiet pause
So Mom, can I have 3 dollars for a hermit crab?
Help me Jesus.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...