Pages



I'm Kim, a working mother of two, and wife to my best friend.

My kids make me laugh, my kids make me cry, and they even make me want to hide.

Come along and enjoy our journey. I guarantee you'll have a blast.

Friday, March 4, 2011

First Communion

Logan will soon be making his First Communion, and the other evening on the way home from Religion Class, he asked me a little bit about the ceremony.
Mom, will I be able to go up and have communion just like you do?
Yes you will buddy...are you excited?
Yes, but do you drink the wine?
No. I don't but you can make the decision on if you would like to do that or not.
I don't want to.
Don't do it just because of me, you can choose what you want to do.
I really don't want to do it...do you ever notice how everyone drinks it and all they have to clean off the spit is a little napkin?
Yes, I did notice that and to be honest that is one of the reasons I do not receive the wine.
Ok...Mom I'm definitely not going to do it. It's full of germs.
You see...I'm a bit torn with this. I want him to make his own decisions, but I agree with his decision. Am I the only one that wishes we could come up with a way where we aren't sharing so many germs. Or am I being silly, and need to just suck it up?
(Photos - Rosary)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...