Pages



I'm Kim, a working mother of two, and wife to my best friend.

My kids make me laugh, my kids make me cry, and they even make me want to hide.

Come along and enjoy our journey. I guarantee you'll have a blast.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mom vs Executive Chef

We spent a wonderful Friday evening having dinner with friends at a local hot spot.
We ordered two filets with sides of mashed potatoes and mac and cheese. Assuming we would share with the kids...we dish out the mac and cheese and mashed potatoes. The entire time I'm thinking, wow our kids are blessed. They get to eat at the most delicious places.
I notice Morgan isn't touching her food....Later she says, Mommy I have a secret to tell you.
What is it honey?
I don't really like my dinner.
Why? What's wrong?
The mashed potatoes have spices in there, and the macaroni has big tubes and the cheese is weird. (Imagine some of the most delicious oohey gooey mac and cheese ever).
I only like the mashed potatoes and macaroni that you make me Mommy. You're the best cook ever.
Awww, that's sweet honey. I'll be sure to keep this secret between us.
(After all, I wouldn't want her to know that she should really be thanking Bob Evans and Kraft for her delicious meals, now would I?)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...