Pages



I'm Kim, a working mother of two, and wife to my best friend.

My kids make me laugh, my kids make me cry, and they even make me want to hide.

Come along and enjoy our journey. I guarantee you'll have a blast.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Farting Contest


I'm warning all you dear readers, if you don't fart - then stop reading this now.  If you don't think farting is funny - then we must have a talk.  I'm immature, I can't help myself - I think it's funny.  Always have, always will.  And you thought I wouldn't share little bits of me on this blog now did ya?


Over the weekend we had a chili cook off at our swim club.  Good times people, good times.  Our chili was fantastic. Our key ingredients.....delicious chorizo, spices, ground beef, tomatoes, green peppers, onions and BEANS.  Lots and lots of beans.  We all know that beans are the magical fruit...the more you eat the more you - well you know how it goes.


We secretly joked the swim club would be more like a jacuzzi the day after the cook off.  Ok ok, enough with the fart jokes.


So come Sunday we had a number of errands to run.  Church, lunch, purchase a new bike for Logan, install a mailbox yadda yadda yadda.  We would complete our errand, jump in the car and dash off to the next.  Except the car ride on Sunday was one filled with loud noises and stinky smells.  Thank you chili - thank you. 


(Also in case you were wondering, I will not disclose names to protect the identity of the culprit)


So you can imagine:
 eat lunch, jump in car, pffffft, roll windows down
purchase new bike, jump in car, pfffft, roll windows down


This went on for so long my son finally says "If there was a family farting contest, you would win.  And I don't just mean you would win 1st place, you would win 1st, 2nd and 3rd."


He's always so insightful.


Do you love the picture?  I do too...this was a photo op I created for our chili cook off booth.  The instructions can be found here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...